Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Price Gouging!

I realize I've been pretty lame as far as posting original content goes lately. Once midterms are over I can hopefully have thoughts of my own.

This is one of my favorite political cartoons ever. I saw it in a New Yorker in a waiting a few years ago and it never really left me. The fact that I found it in under 15 seconds on Google is one of those staggering things I know my damn future kids won't appreciate.

The reason I like this so much is because it points out the moral double standard we have for businesses. Everything people do (with maybe a few exceptions) throughout their day is done to maximize their personal benefit. If you are one of the people I know who love to rant about "evil price gouging companies" then take an extra few dollars out of your pay check for no reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment