Friday, February 5, 2010

Joose, The Rise Of A Not So Discrete Marketing Campaign



I know not everyone is a marketing expert like myself (one introductory class) but see if you can guess the target market of the new drink sensation known as Joose. The website is essentially a party and features SIX original rap songs ABOUT JOOSE that sound like they could easily be produced by Lil Jon, my favorite one being "Joose in My System". Some lines...

"9.9%, so magnificent...",

"yes I'm braggin, off that purple dragon (a flavor), drink that Joose got you rollin off your wagon"

"drink Joose, no need to drive, drink Joose, makes your party come alive"

"I'm like the black Bilbo Baggins, twisted off that purple dragon"
^(I have absolutely no idea what it means to be a black Bilbo Baggins)

Over the last few years alcoholic energy drinks have become a huge hit amongst younger crowds, mainly college students. They have also been attracting the attention of the FDA and other similar parties. There have been a lot of rumors going around that Joose has recently been banned by the FDA. After some research I found it is actually Sparks, Joose's smaller, less alcoholic cousin that has come across some hard times.
As of January 10, 2010 the promotion and production of Sparks officially ceased as a result of a lawsuit between MillerCoors and the Attorneys General of Arizona, California, Connecticut, Idaho, Illinois, Iowa, Maine, Maryland, Mississippi, New Mexico, New York, Ohio, and Oklahoma and the City Attorney of San Francisco. The reason the lawsuit was brought against Sparks instead of the more alcoholic Tilt or Joose is because Sparks holds 90% of the market share for said product, although this isn't a good omen for either of them.

Fans of Joose, get it while you can before you have to go back to good old fashioned Redbull and Vodka's, because thats obviously the healthy alternative these Attorney Generals are pushing you towards.

My heart is racing
My vision is blurry
No clue where I'm going but I'm in a damn hurry
If the bitches be droll and your bros be saggin
Electrify your party with that sticky purple dragon.

Joose, call me about a song deal.

1 comment:

  1. I should note that you can now purchase "Sparks Plus" which is essentially everything you didn't like about Sparks without all the stuff you did.

    ReplyDelete