Sunday, December 13, 2009

Most Good Blogs Probably Don't Start With Apologies

I should probably start this blog off by apologizing to everyone who followed the link I posted on Facebook with the warning "EXTREMELY MATURE AND OFFENSIVE CONTENT!!!" While somewhat deceitful and certainly a moral gray area you must admit it was successful considering you are here reading it. As an experiment in viral marketing I ask anyone who reads this to respond to the Facebook post with a comment about how offended and upset you were by said hypothetical content. Even if you are disapointed or embarassed by this deceit you might was well drag as many people down with you as possible. If nothing else this is an observation of the tipping point between where people consider an action and actually follow through with it.

I've never written a blog before and have always been somewhat self-conscious about the idea of it. However after visiting MarkDougherty.blogspot.com and discovering that not only does it already exist but is headed off by some sort of poem about impotent salmon (read for yourself) I figure my reputation amidst the blogosphere can only improve.

If you know me at all (or have read the description under the title) you already have a good idea as to the content of this blog. I will try to keep it as relevant and interesting as possible for both your benefit and my-self esteem's.

No comments:

Post a Comment